Peanut Brittle

Post image for Peanut Brittle

by Chris on June 16, 2014

croccante/peanut brittle

Happy Secret Recipe Club reveal Monday!

*Confession*(Or as my boss says, “I am writing myself up.”)

And, I experienced technical difficulties with my pictures and deleted all of them somehow.  Yikes!  No ones fault but mine and my moving in too many directions while in my work-life swirl. So, this post is part 1….and this evening will be part 2.

Please pardon my delay in posting pictures!  Don’t let my challenges taint how super excited I was to to receive Desi’s blog, SteakNPotatoesKindaGurl.  She has four years of amazing recipes to choose from! Since I am a candy-a-holic, I had to  try her Peanut Brittle.  I have only made it a handful of times and wanted to try her version! It couldn’t have turned out better.  An amazing treat for a peanut lover.

Rewind to last night.  I know!  We’re not supposed wait until last minute for SRC.  And, I didn’t!  I made the brittle last week.  It’s the post that escaped me.

*Ring Ring*

It’s me.  You wouldn’t happen to have any of that brittle I gave you, would you?

Uh….really?  (laughing) So it’s like that?  Give, with conditions?

No!  I messed up my pictures.

Oh!  So it’s more like, “Here, enjoy!  But wait for the post!”  Kind of like the effects Instagram has had on eating out.

Well, when you put it like that, it sounds terrible!

All in all…bits and pieces were all that were left.

BrittleBits

So, I whipped up another batch last night.  I had to wait until today, after work, to break it apart.  More brittle…the horror!  (not!!!) I think I will make another batch of Chocolate Crunch Cupcakes with this new batch of brittle.

Thanks Desi!

Loading InLinkz ...

Desi June 16, 2014 at 6:56 PM

Mmm this looks yummy! So glad you liked it, and yay for getting to make two batches. Winning! :) Thanks for your kind words!

Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines June 16, 2014 at 8:26 PM

I make peanut brittle every year over the holidays and love it! Great SRC choice! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

Margaret June 17, 2014 at 8:42 PM

My Nana used to make the best Peanut Brittle. Silly me not to have ever made it. Thanks for making it looks so easy.

Deanna Segrave-Daly (@tspbasil) June 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Oh that’s always my fear that my daughter will delete my photos from my iPhone before I download them :) We readers appreciate your extra effort in taking another set of photos – looks divine!

sara June 18, 2014 at 9:33 AM

Oooh, that looks awesome! I love love ove peanut brittle. :)

Carol at Wild Goose Tea June 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM

My boss makes excellent peanut brittle. I wonder if this measures up. She won’t give out the recipe. I would love to bring in a batch of equally excellent brittle and be real casual about it. I guess I am going to have to give it a try.

Veronica June 20, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Thank goodness you didn’t choose something like homemade croissants – that would have been quite the process to make a second time. LOL! The brittle looks lovely and it worked out for me anyways b/c I got to see the pics and the post at the same time – one bonus of being a super busy new mom and not having enough time to get through all the group posts on reveal day. LOL!