Perfection Pound Cake

Post image for Perfection Pound Cake

by Chris on May 18, 2014

fetta di torta/piece of cake

Happy Secret Recipe Club reveal Monday! It’s good to be back again for another month.  Margaret’s Tea and Scones blog was the focus of my “research” this month. She is very active in blogging groups, so you have probably come across her food aventures if you follow Bundt Bakers, Donna Hay Wednesdays, French Fridays with Dorie, I Heart Cooking Clubs, Magazine Mondays Modern Baker Challenge, My Kitchen, My World, or  Tuesdays with Dorie. Good stuff! And, there were plenty of recipes from which to choose.

I went back and forth, trying to choose between the Äppelkaka, Cinnamon Scented Chocolate Mousse Cake, and Lamingtons. When push came to shove, after getting back home from several business trips, I realized I had to go with a recipe with “readily available ingredients”. Since I didn’t have apples for the Äppelkaka, have yet to unpack my Modern Baker for the Cinnamon Scented Chocolate Mousse Cake, and used up all the coconut needed to Lamingtons on macaroons, I was back to square one.  Then, it hit me.  Pound cake!  How can you go wrong with Dorie pound cake?  You can’t.

I added Heath bits to this pound cake since I was bringing it to my niece and nephew.  A little toffee makes for happy middle schoolers.

Pound.Cake

Loading InLinkz ...

{ 9 comments }

Margaret May 19, 2014 at 6:04 AM

Glad you enjoyed the pound cake. It is quite good. What a good idea to add the Heath bits. The cake is very adaptable. Come back any time. 😉

Heather May 19, 2014 at 6:52 AM

This pound cake looks simply delicious.
I’ve enjoyed reading your blogposts and creative recipes! I featured your avocado sorbet this month! http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com/2014/05/avocado-sorbet.html :)
-Heather

Veronica May 19, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Oh gosh, I love pound cake and love the Heath bits you added! YUM!

Mallory @ Because I Like Chocolate May 19, 2014 at 9:30 AM

I cannot remember the last time I made pound cake…it was probably back in culinary school. It definitely never looked as good as this, that’s for sure!

Erin @ Making Memories May 19, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I love pound cake but with Heath bits added to it? Perfection! Looks amazing!

A Couple in the Kitchen May 19, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Looks, and sounds, sooooo good!

Lisa {AuthenticSuburbanGourmet} May 19, 2014 at 6:26 PM

What a great looking pound cake! The heath bits are a great addition. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

Deanna Segrave-Daly (@tspbasil) May 20, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Oooh, all the recipes you mentioned from Margaret’s blog sound divine and who could resiste a perfect pound cake (esp. with fresh strawberries on top?)

Carol at Wild Goose Tea May 23, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Pound is SO perfect for berry season—-But additional add a sauce and ice cream—or just eat it plain. Soooo many options, so little time.

Comments on this entry are closed.