Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares

by Chris on October 22, 2012

autunnale/autumn

Happy Monday! Why am I smiley on a Monday?  It’s  The Secret Recipe Club reveal day for Group C.  And, my assignment this month was a match made in heaven.  You know how “they” say things happen in threes?  How about these commonalities? (1) Our favorite kitchen gadgets are our  assortment of scoops. (2) We have an obsession with reality TV. And, (3) We love road trip vacations. Reading through Gloria’s blog, Gingersnap Girl, made me want to be her neighbor.

I am all about her recent Caramel Apple Jam post, especially since I bookmarked her Caramel Apple Cupcakes when we were first notified of our assignment.  But her Creamy Lemon Almond Tart looks irresistible, too. Her Quinoa Tabouli Salad is calling my name, though, because I have been quinoa obsessed for years.

For the reveal though, I stuck with what I have been currently running with…pumpkin. I had pumpkin puree left over from the Williams-Sonoma Pumpkin Crème Brûlée I made in mason jars (but never posted),

so I gravitated to Gloria’s Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares.  Pumpkin is the quintessential mascot of Fall. I know you’ve seen all the posts and magazine stories that highlight its splendor. But, did you also know that, as an orange veggie, pumpkins are rich with beta carotene and have the potential to be metabolized with vitamin A? That means pumpkins have potential to prevent the development of cancer block the growth of cancerous cells. Sweet, right?

Of course, they were a hit at work. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Squares = Super Happy Teachers.

Thanks for another fun month!

Other pumpkin posts you might like:

Jamie @ Thrifty Veggie Mama October 22, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Yummy! These look fantastic. I love pumpkin and chocolate chip.

Erin @ Making Memories October 22, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Pumpkin chocolate chip squares would make me a happy teacher as well! They look heavenly! And so does your pumpkin creme brulee! Wow! So cool that you were paired up with a kindred spirit =o)

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy October 22, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I am loving all these pumpkin recipes! I so want to make more with pumpkin. These look fantastic!

Melissa October 22, 2012 at 2:43 PM

Oh yum! I love pumpkin in the fall. Plus, you just can’t go wrong with chocolate!

Teri @ The Freshman Cook October 22, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Pumpkin and chocolate chips are the perfect combo! This looks fantastic!

misschelsmangia October 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I need these now!

Debra October 22, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I tried a Martha Stewart recipe for these but swapped in white chocolate. Mine were so crumbly BUT I was having a cursed baking day because nothing turned out.

Yours looks fantastic and I love the icing. Love me some pumpkin!

Lisa {AuthenticSuburbanGourmet} October 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Chocolate and pumpkin are always a match made in heaven. Speaking of heaven , these look and sound heavenly!!

Veronica October 23, 2012 at 3:36 AM

I love your photos! They are so appealing. What did you use on top–is that ganache? That really makes them pretty! I got Gloria’s blog about a year ago and she must be the kind of person that is easy to get along with because I had the same reaction as you, feeling like we had so much in common! :) Great pick for the SRC and like I said, your photos are fabulous!

Jenny October 23, 2012 at 5:41 AM

Sounds so yummy! Can’t wait to try, really enjoying making pumpkin recipes at the moment. There’s so much you can make with them.

jacquie October 23, 2012 at 2:12 PM

those look so good. but where is the frosting portion of the recipe? was a cup of chocolate chips supposed to go on the top after taking from the oven to melt and form the frosting? in the mean time trying to figure out if i have pumpkin back at the house to bake these up tonight ….

Rhonda October 23, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Gloria has such a great blog, love her! Pumpkin is full on right, what a timely recipe. Pumpkin and chocolate is a fall girls dream come true.

Chris October 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Thanks everyone!

The chocolate on the top is melted Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips. I have gone back to added the missing step. Sorry for the oops!

See you next month!

My Inner Chick October 23, 2012 at 5:25 PM

–Can’t wait to make these DElish bars. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Liz October 23, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Oh, these bars look amazing…especially with the glossy chocolate topping!!! I’m not surprised the teachers made these disappear!

Kate October 24, 2012 at 12:17 AM

You two sound like a match made in blog-heaven!

Kirstin October 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Yummy! I’ve made something similar but never with frosting, I bet that’s really good