Nutter Butter Pie – A Pie for Mikey

Post image for Nutter Butter Pie – A Pie for Mikey

by Chris on August 12, 2011

perdita/loss

With school starting in a few days, life has been hectic the last few weeks.  As compared to summertime, I haven’t been on Facebook or Twitter much, despite having access on my phone.  That’s good and bad. Sometimes its nice to be obvious. but it can also slap you with reality when that you miss important information. A reality that life is short.

While a dinner with Tami the other night, she spoke about the Peanut Butter Pie she made for JennieWhy?  I asked.  And, that is when I heard the heartbreaking news of the loss of her husband, who suddenly passed away this weekend of a heart attack.

I don’t know Jennie personally, only meeting her briefly at BlogHer. But, as a reader of her blog and a fellow blogger, I am very well of her positive presence.   I am so saddened by her husband’s sudden passing…for her, her kids and the entire family.  When I watched the touching video she posted, “one last dance“, I got a lump in my throat.  Sitting in my office last night, late in the evening, video streaming, I wept. It’s just not fair.

Trying to think of the words to write in this post, I hesitated, wanting to make sure I said the right things. But what can you say.  Sometimes there are no words. While I have had loss in my life, this is different. So, I am going to end here.  And leave you Jennie’s words. In her post, she writes “For those asking what they can do to help my healing process, make a peanut butter pie this Friday and share it with someone you love. Then hug them like there’s no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on.”

Kate August 12, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Personally there are times like these I’m actually thankful to be a bit unplugged.

Barbara | Creative Culinary August 12, 2011 at 7:15 PM

There are no words are there Chris…I mean we want to say something meaningful, helpful, compassionate but nothing seems to measure up the need of the person hurting. This effort by bloggers has been amazing. I hope it’s helped Jennie; I know it’s said a lot to me.

pam August 12, 2011 at 10:43 PM

It really makes you think about those you love. Right now. Today.

Bren August 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM

oh wow… i really didn’t need to read this right now…. too much going on in my fam to see this, but for that very reason, I’ll be make this and posting it next week. So sorry for her and so thoughtful of you!

Maris (In Good taste) August 13, 2011 at 5:54 AM

This is a lovely pie in tribute for Jennie.

Snippets of Thyme August 13, 2011 at 5:47 PM

What a wonderful pie. That must have been hard hearing this news while you were with a friend. Your pie is such a beautiful gesture of kindness.

Sugar Daze/Cat August 14, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have to confess a serious fondness for Nutter Butters and unfortunately we don’t get them in France; I bet they make an already awesome pie even more excellent. Hope your loved ones enjoyed this pie! We had a lovely night eating ours a fresco under a beautiful Italian sky.