Strawberry Bread Recipe

Post image for Strawberry Bread Recipe

by Chris on July 25, 2011

fragole/strawberries

Happy Eat. Live. Be. Monday!  I completely flaked last week.  It was Secret Recipe Club posting day, which apparently caused me to have tunnel vision. Forgetting to Eat. Live. Be. last week was apropos because the topic (#29) was about wake-up calls.  Managing my time has been a huge struggle for me as of late.  And, little moments like forgetting ELB, brings that to the surface. For some reason, remember specifics, multi-tasking, and showing up anywhere on time has been had been a thorn in my side. All ability to focus has disappeared.

I have figured out where a lot of my absentmindedness comes from and I am working on it. I have  slowly begun to minimize with my surroundings and my obligations.  Part of that plan is benching my baking. Now, I am not going to stop altogether.  But, because I love it so much and wish I was doing it full time, I tend to blow off other things in order to stay in the kitchen.  No good. My sweets don’t pay the bills, so the eggs, flour, and sugar are moving back into their former position – a stress reliever.

Interestingly, enough, this week’s topic (#30): What do you do when you are too tired to (cook, exercise, whatever your challenge is)? I read cookbooks, stumble, and/or bake, and any combination of the three.  Case in point?  Strawberry bread.

With a ridiculous amount of strawberries left over from my Blue Ridge weekend , I wanted to make something that I could use all the quickly-withering berries.  Luckily, I “stumbled” upon Brandie’s site and her Strawberry bread was perfect! While is makes two (2) 9 x 5 inch loaves, I used some smaller cardboard loaf pans and shared the bread with friends and neighbors.

I am a strawberry fan…Here are some other recipes you may enjoy.

Strawberry Basil Bruschetta

Jammin’ with Apricots, Kiwi & Strawberries

Strawberry Rangoons

Strawberry Basil Bruschetta

Balsamic Strawberry Truffles

Strawberry Curd

Cilantro Sugar Macerated Strawberries

Strawberry Shortcake Cookies

Strawberry Bavarian Cream Mini Tarts

Strawberry & Cream Sandwich Cookies

Melissa @ Dash of East July 25, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Ooo… yum! This strawberry bread looks amazing! Especially with the added cardamom. I may have to try this recipe out soon! I’ve made strawberry bread before, but with added chocolate and my husband loved it! I’m not a huge chocolate fan, so I think I may enjoy this recipe more :)

The Teacher Cooks July 25, 2011 at 8:41 AM

This really does sound delicious Chris. It would be perfect with some morning coffee just about right now.

Kate July 25, 2011 at 4:42 PM

This looks so perfect and muffin-y!

Lana @ Never Enough Thyme July 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM

What a perfect way to use an excess of strawberries! And I love the little bit of cardamom in the batter – one of my favorite and most underused spices. Great recipe, Chris!

Rivki Locker July 26, 2011 at 7:16 AM

So funny! When I don’t feel like cooking, I read cookbooks too! This recipe looks great. Great use for a seasonal ingredient!

Maris (In Good taste) July 26, 2011 at 7:51 AM

This looks like the perfect bread today with my morning coffee. I better get started!

Chris July 26, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Thanks Melissa! I am with you. I contemplated Chocolate because so many people want it. But, I am allergic. So of course, I think this version is best. :)

Thanks Wanda! It is a good “with coffee” nibble.

Thanks Kate! Muffin-y is the perfect description.

Thanks Lana! I am a cardamom freak and use it whenever I can.

I am glad I am not the only on Rivki! Thanks!

Let me know how it goes, Maris! :)

Sasha @ The Procrastobaker July 29, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Thank you SO much for your comment on my blog Chris, meant a lot :) This bread is something altogether wonderful, I am constantly munching on strawberries at the moment and if any last long enough to be baked with then this looks like the recipe for me for sure! I adore the use of cardamom too, something that little different. Lovely recipe indeed

Sandy @ RE August 4, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Love this recipe. It’s so tasty and different. Love the touch of almonds on top!

Megan's Cookin' August 17, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I have not made strawberry bread in a long time and now I seem to be getting a craving. See what your pictures do to people? ;)

Chris August 18, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Ha! Thanks Megan! It’s my mission…