Peach & Goat Cheese Bruschetta

Post image for Peach & Goat Cheese Bruschetta

by Chris on June 20, 2011

pesca/peach

Happy Eat. Live. Be. For a Better 2011 Monday! And, what a Monday it is.  It’s the last day of spring and summer officially begins tomorrow.  I am technically off contract until July, so that means I make my own schedule.  Oh happy day!

Happy…happiness…bliss, cheery, delight, joy…all lovely adjectives that lead me to the next Eat. Live. Be. topic: What Makes Me Happy? What brings me personal happiness and how do I make sure I have “these things” in my life? There are lots of things that make me happy.  Too many to note here. But, if I quickly brainstorm…a few items come to mind.

Hanging out with my mom: If you’re a regular reader, you know my mom is my heart.  She is all the family I have/speak with, so our bond is precious. Unfortunately, the 900 miles between our homes prevents us from seeing one another often.  So, when I do get the chance to hang out with her, I cherish those moments.  The moments, memories forever engraved in my brain, make me happy.

The Mountains: I was never an outdoorsy kind of girl.  Then, I moved to Utah and spent my afternoons hiking various trails in the Wasatch mountains.  I even managed to sneak in come paragliding! Whether it was on foot, up in the air, or on a horse, the majestic splendor of the mountains brought about such an inner peace; I am not sure I can put my thoughts in words. The clean air and freedom that went along with Donut Falls, Gobblers Knob, and Willow Heights was like nothing I have ever experienced. We have beautiful mountains here in Georgia, and that is how I keep hiking in my life.  But, if I am being honest, I hope to move back to the mountains of Utah one day.

Food: Food is comfort. ‘Nuff said.

Cooking/Cake Decorating: I love losing myself in the kitchen. Creating delicious foods that bring smiles  and warm the soul is happiness. Luckily, I cook everyday, so I feed my happiness without hesitation. I am not decorating cakes anymore, unless for a special occasion, so that’s a bummer.  But, I will sneak a fondant cake in every now and again.

Speaking of food, how about a summery bruschetta.  Bread, peach, and honey?  That screams happiness. After I came across Lynda’s Peach and Blue Cheese Bruschetta with Honey and Thyme a few weeks back, Icouldn’t get it out of my head.  I even mentioned it to Tami during one of our outings. Then, Tami passed along some Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese.  How could I resist?  The creamy, subtle tangy flavor of the goat cheese would be part of the bruschetta. I made; I conquered; I am hooked.  This bruschetta is ridiculously addictive.

Barb B. June 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I just bought fresh GA. peaches today and I have some great Goat Cheese from Trader Joes. I’ll be making this dish tomorrow! Yum.

Maris (In Good Taste) June 21, 2011 at 5:03 AM

Not only does the bruschetta look fantastic but he toast looks amazing!

Sarka June 21, 2011 at 7:36 AM

Yum, this sounds exactly like my kind of food. Simple and fast to make, but full of flavours. Can I have one, please? Can’t wait to give it a try when peaches are finally in season here.

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) June 21, 2011 at 7:58 AM

Oh, it’s so nice to be free! Enjoy this time. This dish looks wonderful – it just sings summer. I have a few weeks to wait for local seasonal peaches, but I’m bookmarking this for later. Thanks for sharing.

Karyn June 21, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Beautiful. Enjoyed your blog about the mountains – feel the same. Find myself in (gulp) Florida….so am missing any elevation of any sort. Feel a rush just drivng over a bridge!
Anyway, am thinking of summer = grilling = your bruschetta and thinking there has to be a way to morph this into a grilled peach/goat cheese bruschetta app….right?! I grilled peaches (and figs, separately) last year with various cheeses and it was a-mah-zing…
Thanks for the fresh idea – and Happy First Day of SUMMER! :)

Lynda June 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM

This sounds wonderful with basil and goat cheese – I’ll be sure to try it. Thank you for the link!!

Lindsay Lehfeld June 21, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Can I please have this right now??

Kate June 21, 2011 at 10:52 PM

I think it’s good to focus on what makes us happy, because too often we get caught up on what makes us unhappy.

Esme June 21, 2011 at 11:38 PM

This looks so lovely.

Chaya June 22, 2011 at 7:58 AM

I can’t wait for fresh peaches, grown locally. This will be on my list to use them for.

Bren June 26, 2011 at 7:07 PM

not an outdoorsie girl?? well i’m surprised. i totally am but u prolly knew that. i love this b/c of all the fresh peaches—it’s about that time…