Onion Frittata Recipe

Post image for Onion Frittata Recipe

by Chris on June 22, 2011

uova/egg

I am hosting this edition of Weekend Herb Blogging (#289).  By now, you are probably more than familiar with this delicious weekly event that was started by Kalyn and is now managed/organized by Haalo.  You have participated, right? Yes?  No? C’mon now.  I know you’re cookin’ something in that kitchen of yours. The proof has been on your blogs, people….all the plant-based dishes tantalizing our taste buds…the herbs, vegetables, fruits, and grains have been making all of us hungry.  Email me and I will add your post to the Round Up. (hint, hint)

Talking about plant based…How about this Bon Appétit Onion Tart? Not only does it include basil, sage and rosemary, but I added tomatoes.  Yup…The Mele Cotte Kitchen has been all about tomatoes. Even after all the recent tomato usage, I have 3 lbs leftover from my last week’s visit to the school gardens, and brought home another 5 or so pounds yesterday. I am tellin’ ya..I am going to look like a tomato any day now.

Even so, I am going to be a happy tomato eating this light and fulfilling frittata. Enjoy!

Kate June 22, 2011 at 1:10 PM

I really should participate. I do cook with herbs.

brandi June 22, 2011 at 1:37 PM

I should get on this already! Sounds like fun :)

pam June 22, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Frittatas are my go-to easy weeknight meal.

Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) June 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM

I make eggs for dinner at least twice a week – they are so simple to prepare and such a healthy protein. This looks like a great way to enjoy them.

Maris (In Good Taste) June 23, 2011 at 4:55 AM

This looks like a great go to dinner, with a nice salad and crusty bread and I could ask for nothing more! Well, maybe a nice glass of wine!

Barbara | Creative Culinary June 23, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I used to have a big garden. Tomatoes, different types of squash, peppers and corn but between my neighbors tree choking out my sun and my kids moving out after college, it became less enthralling. BUT…the herbs thrive and I have them everywhere!

Probably one of my biggest joys of summer is the ability to walk out back and have so many things that can so easily and wonderfully elevate dishes like a fresh herb can.

Fabulous frittata…and a great use of those things I love!